Senior Customs Clerk
Alchemy is partnering with an established Freight Forwarding business who are seeking an experienced Senior Customs Clerk to be based in Basildon.
- Processing import and export customs entries / declarations for road, sea and air shipments from multiple locations
- Ensuring the accuracy of customs declarations.
- Liaison with HMRC, port authorities and 3rd party suppliers to resolve any queries.
- Respond to customer enquiries such as shipping lines and hauliers.
- Obtain necessary Bill of Ladings and correct Tariff Headings. Obtain payments from customers in line with company policy.
- Calculate Duty / VAT cost for every consignment
- Handle enquiries from importers and exporters, Internal & external sources with regards to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications, Duty Rates and any other documentation requirements
- Keep up to date with new changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
- Work with different departments in multiple locations to prepare a complete list of Jobs (Shipments requiring customs entries) for the day
Skills and Experience;
- A minimum of 12 months import / export customs entries clearance experience
- A minimum of 12 months freight forwarding industry experience
- Computer literate with fast accurate keyboard skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
Share this vacancy
Location: Festival Way, Basildon, United Kingdom
Salary: up to £32000 depending on experience
Posted: 17 Mar 2021