A prestigious Auction House are seeking to hire a Specialist to join their Jewellery Department in New York.
The main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for developing new business opportunities and expanding the clients within the jewellery department.
- Be a key contributor to the growth of and sales within the jewellery department.
- Carry out cataloguing and condition reporting and ensure the company data-base is up to date.
- Communicate with new and existing clients in person, on the phone and over email, in a professional and manner.
- Handle client enquiries and provide valuations when required for both scheduled and walk-in appointments.
- Carry out research on the industry, gaining new knowledge and insight on the jewelry market.
- Monitor all assets entering and leaving the department and keep clients informed of any involvement with evaluators, conservators and auctioneers.
- Helping with the organisation and the marketing of the pre and post-sale events, assisting with viewing appointments.
- Attend external events and represent the organisation when required.
- Previous experience working in a similar role within an Auction House or Art Institution.
- Good communication and client-facing skills are essential.
- Previous knowledge of the jewellery industry is essential.
- Established client base within the jewelry industry.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 17 Mar 2021