We are partnering with a Global Logistics provider seeking a Customs Coordinator to join their team in Essex.
You will be responsible for inputting customs declarations for both import and export shipments for the business.
- Ensure that customs entries that are input to HMRC are submitted in line with the timeline set by the operations team
- Assist with both bonded and non-bonded entries and stock using the WMS to ensure that HMRC rules and regulations are kept to
- Certify that company processes are 100% compliant with HMRC laws and regulations
- Help collate information for any audits, as required by HMRC
- Provide support to the Customs Manager on all customs related issues
- Ensure you keep yourself updated and informed of any HMRC laws and regulations
- Receipt and process of inbound ED
- Receive inbound EDI manifests from overseas partners
- Process consignment for delivery and/or clearance
- Liaise with transport and warehouse departments
- Refer any complex issues or requests to the Customs Manager
- Participate and contribute to specific projects where required
- Experience completing customs entries
- Proficient in Microsoft package: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience in Freight Forwarding and Logistics
- Familiarisation with customs processes, customs systems and HMRC regimes
- Strong communication skills.
Share this vacancy
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posted: 28 Jul 2021