Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a world-renowned international auction house in their search for a Senior Whisky Specialist to join their team in London.
Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to be auction house of choice.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in the international spirits field to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Play an active role in business development activities to drive department sales, including developing strategies to drive department growth.
- Provide exceptional service to clients when offering expert advice and accurate valuations on the sale of their items.
- Source spirits, particularly whisky, for sales in various regional and international offices.
- Maintain an active network of collectors and trade contacts in the whisky and spirits market, utilising your network to drive sales for the department.
- Ensure all client contractual requirements are met and provide the best possible service at each stage of the selling/buying process.
- Maintain and support the development of the client database for the Wine and Whisky department.
- Promote the department through events such as lectures, and partner with the marketing team on innovative and effective marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Keep up to date with activities of other leading auction houses to ensure the Wine and Whisky department maintains its competitive edge.
- Share your expertise and knowledge with junior members of the department and encourage their personal and professional growth and development.
- Participate in UK and international exhibition events and sales days and assist with catalogue production.
- Expertise in international spirits, particularly Whisky, including up to date market knowledge and trend awareness.
- Solid background at an auction house or similar.
- Extensive network within the whisky and spirits industry and established relationships with dealers and collectors.
- Established track record of achieving sales results.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
- Fluency in multiple European languages is highly desirable.
- Able to travel internationally when required.
- Along with a competitive salary package, you will join a highly collaborative team of proactive specialists in a creative and exciting environment. You will have the ability to work in an innovative company where you will have a “voice” and the freedom to fully develop your career.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Posted: 25 Mar 2021