Move Management, Team Lead
We are looking for a skilled Senior Move Manager to join our clients international moving team as the Move Management, Team Lead.
- A ‘hands on’ position managing the door to door coordination of international household goods moves for corporate clients
- Leading and managing the Move Coordinators in the move management team
- Ensuring the staff within the Moving team perform and meet or exceed expectations in line with company policy
- Partnering and communicating with management on certain financial aspects such as sales and projections for the team
- Act as both a team player and contributor, leading the moving team whilst taking a hands on move management role
- Liaising with assignees during their relocation phase, overseeing to door to door coordination of household goods shipments
- Manage both Africa domestic and international moves, ensuring complete client satisfaction by delivering quality customer services
- Ensure the move management team are performing to the best of their ability at all times
- Handle the move management processes not limited to; pre-move surveys, estimating, packing, export/import customs clearance, freight forwarding via Sea, Road & Air.
- Obtaining shipping documentation relative to the move and processing of freight bookings with carriers and local partners.
- Host weekly team meetings to follow team operational and billing progress
- Working closely with management and finance on forecasts
- Communicating effectively with corporate clients, guiding them through their move
- Initiating the claims process in the event an insurance claim is required
- Receive, quote and follow up on moving sales leads
- Aiming to ensuring profit margin on each assigned move
- Liaise with third party suppliers
- Produce quotations and raise invoices and ensure timely billing
Who we are looking for:
- International move manager with industry experience in Africa
- Fluent in English is essential, French language would be advantageous
- Ability to lead a team and support other staff, whilst managing the household goods moving process
- Import and Export shipping knowledge, including customs clearance experience
- A basic understanding of business finance, e.g. invoicing, margins, costs and charges.
- Be able to manage a filing system and keep accurate records.
- Knowledgeable of the African continent; countries, cities/towns, ports etc.
- A motivated and positive attitude
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong admin skills
- Able to work under pressure
Share this vacancy
Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Posted: 29 Mar 2021