Our client, an international freight forwarding company, is searching for an experienced Senior Operations Coordinator to join their team in Dover.
The successful candidate will be expected to lead by example, offering first class freight operations at all times drawing on their previous experience in multimodal freight forwarding operations and training delivered by the company.
Duties of the role include:
- Coordinate and process a range of UK and European road freight, sea freight and airfreight shipments
- Negotiate commercial pricing for all forms of transport
- Coordinate bookings by liaising with various UK and European freight providers
- Accurately process shipping and customs documentation, such as AWBs, Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin and EUR1’s
- Process online bookings and sales by operating the online platform and internal operations system effectively
- Sales and cost reconciliation management on a shipment by shipment basis
- Meeting with customers as and when required
- Previous experience in multimodal freight forwarding operations
- Strong commercial awareness surrounding UK and European freight forwarding operations
- Ability to negotiate confidently
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Able to prioritise workloads and manage time effectively
- Excellent communicator
If you have previous freight forwarding experience and would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity please contact Alchemy today!
Share this vacancy
Location: Kent, United Kingdom
Posted: 29 Jul 2021