Our client, a well-established Fine Art Company are seeking to hire an Inventory and Collections Manager to join their team in New York.
The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that Inventory is kept organised and accurate, and that artworks and antiques are handled in a safe and professional manner.
The main requirements of the role are:
- Manage the day-to-day inventory control and goods in/good out warehouse duties.
- Lead and train a team to ensure its efficiency and the highest level of service.
- Ensuring the safe handling, storage and transportation of fine art, antique and other high-end collections.
- Ensure that all required paperwork and condition reports are completed accurately and with precision.
- Oversee and manage complex logistics of fine art storage, packing and transportation.
- Help to streamline inventory and collections operations and develop new methods to speed up processes.
- Liaise with clients to ensure the safe and timely delivery of collections.
- Adhere to all company policies and Health and Safety procedures, guaranteeing all areas are clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure the safety and security of the goods is monitored at all times.
The key skills required:
- Previous experience as a Storage, Inventory or Collections Manager within the art industry.
- Experience handling, storing and transporting artworks and antiques.
- Team management and training skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills are essential.
- Good customer-service skills are essential.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Share this vacancy
Location: Long Island City, United States
Posted: 12 Apr 2021