We are partnering with a Transport and Logistics organisation seeking a Transport Planner to join their team in Thurrock.
- Directly reporting to the Transport Planning Manager
- Utilising the bespoke planning system to ensure that the scheduling of vehicles is carried out effectively and efficiently to achieve the optimum transport plan.
- Produce a daily transport plan that is both practical and achievable ensuring minimal cost and maximum profitability.
- Plan to ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Book hauliers and assign own fleet drivers as appropriate to meet collection/delivery schedules.
- Ensure that the plan is clearly communicated to all necessary parties and maintain regular contact with both internal and external customers.
- Liaise with other sites to ensure optimum operating efficiency across the network
- Experience of working in a Transport Planning Team
- Excellent analytical skills
- Great UK Geographical knowledge
- Excellent IT skills
- Able to work under pressure in a time critical environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with both internal and external customers
Share this vacancy
Location: Thurrock, United Kingdom
Posted: 23 Apr 2021