We are partnering with a Supply Chain solutions organisation looking for a Lead Dispatcher to join their expanding team in Elkridge, MD.
You will be responsible to complete import processes to enable freight received from carriers to be delivered to the destination.
- Responsible for completing the invoicing process to ensure customers and branches are invoiced timely
- Develop delivery routes
- Liaise with drivers throughout the day
- Manage modifications to daily routes to accommodate the needs of customers
- Anticipates inbound shipments based on available information
- Liaise with carriers to confirm shipment arrivals
- Work alongside the management team to ensure quality drivers are recruited
- Prepare rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents.
- Build relationships with drivers and customers.
- Verifying documentation
- Coordinating shipping processes
- Ensure all shipping documents complies with all applicable regulations.
- Extensive dispatch experience
- Previous experience in a leading/ supervisory position desired
- Experience working with government or defence logistics organisations.
- Freight forwarding operations experience.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with MS Office package
Share this vacancy
Location: Elkridge, Maryland, United States
Posted: 14 May 2021