A leading Contemporary Art Gallery in New York are looking for an experienced Art Technician to join their talented team.
The purpose of the role is to manage the safe storage, handling, transportation and installation of sculptures, fine art and 3D Works. The successful applicant will hold a full driver’s license.
- The handling and packing of sculptures, paintings and other media.
- Installation and de-installations within the galleries, client’s properties or at art fairs.
- Assist with the collections and deliveries to clients, storage facilities and art fairs/events.
- Ensure the Galleries database is kept accurate and up to date, that artworks are catalogued and all documentation is completed.
- Some administrative duties will be required for inventory management, condition reports and effective space coordination.
- Previous experience in an Art Handling/Technician role.
- Art packing and hanging experience and the ability to deal with complex installations.
- It would be advantageous for the applicant to have a keen attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work overtime; including but not limited to being present for art fairs and exhibitions.
- A full driving license is required for this role.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 26 Apr 2021