Our client, a worldwide packaging company is seeking a Process Development Engineer to join their busy team based in Albany, New York.
As the Process Development Engineer you will be responsible for qualifying new injection mold tooling, working closely with mold shops to build new tools and consistently look for ways to improve existing processes and products.
The ideal candidate must understand Process Engineering.
- Assist in part design reviews with an eye for good manufacturing process DFMEA
- Inspect, test and modify any new tooling to create a stable process ready to be sent to manufacturing
- Lead a team in the process of turning over new projects to manufacturing
- Plan and implement continuous improvement projects on the production floor with solid IRRs
- Assist the senior management team to improve safety initiatives
- Verify new and existing procedures, assisting with training and support where necessary
- Help the production floor with daily operations
- Responsible for intermediate scale CapEx Installs
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within plastic process engineering
- 5+ years’ Experience in process engineering
- Engineering Degree preferable
- Understand analysis tools, such as: Six Sigma, Control Charting, Root Cause Analysis, Fishbone Analysis, Pareto Analysis, SPC
- Able to read and understand technical drawings 2D and 3D
- Mechanical knowledge and capability for plastic processing equipment
- Excellent communication skills
Share this vacancy
Location: Albany, New York, United States
Posted: 28 Apr 2021