Director, Modern & Contemporary Fine Art
Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a highly regarded Auction Gallery who are seeking a Director with specialism in Modern & Contemporary Fine Art.
The Gallery has a strong reputation for knowledge and experience in quality fine art, antiques, and jewellery and conducts monthly auctions from their location in San Francisco and also online auctions.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Identify and secure consignments to auction and private sale from dealers, private collectors, museums and other institutions.
- Collaborating with a team of fine art specialists working with buyers and sellers globally.
- Share your expertise and knowledge to encourage the professional development and growth of more junior team members.
- Develop strategies, budgets, and long-term plans to develop the Modern & Contemporary Fine Art specialism and provision.
- Develop excellent relationships with clients and provide exemplary service.
- Participate in auctions and selling exhibitions globally, and actively locate buyers for consigned lots.
- Assist with cataloguing to meet the demands of monthly sales which includes 3 quarterly specialized auctions of high-end, Fine Modern & Contemporary Art.
- Participate in networking events, client facing projects and buyer focussed events that will boost the profile and sales of the department.
- Maintain and support the development of the client database for the department.
- Solid experience in Modern & Contemporary Fine Art
- Significant auction industry experience, preferably at a leading auction house
- Established active network of collectors and dealers in the Modern & Contemporary Fine Art field.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
What’s on offer:
- A competitive base salary with additional incentives
- The opportunity to work within a small but highly collaborative team where you have a “voice” and the freedom to develop your career.
- Relocation support provided if required.
Share this vacancy
Location: Oakland, United States
Posted: 13 Oct 2021