We are partnering with an established freight forwarder in their search for a Customs Manager in their office in Essex.
The Customs Manager will assist with the management of customs and corporate compliance across the entire company, ensuring that all processes are correctly adhered to in order to deliver the highest level of customer service and client satisfaction.
- Manage customs and trade compliance across the company, ensuring that all UK regulations are understood and adhered to
- Oversee entry auditing and reporting results and make recommendations for improvements
- Manage and update company records, ensuring that all customs related documents are stored accurately and in compliance with company regulations
- Assist in the implementation and control of new legislations, which will be issued from HMRC
- Provide ongoing training to keep up with changing customs & trade compliance policies, this will involve attending seminars and conferences.
- Ensure that all internal audits are being completed and actioned as per client requirements.
- Training of staff to ensure they have the tools and knowledge to complete job tasks
- Ensure all customer authorisations are valid and kept up to date. (various badges via Destin8 & CNS)
- Ensure that company’s controls, policies, procedures, processes, and applications are all understood by the team and implemented accordingly
- Extensive Import & Export Customs experience and knowledge
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of International Trade, Compliance and Customs regulations
- AEO application experience preferred however not essential
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise workload and deliver to a high standard
Share this vacancy
Location: Dagenham, Essex, United Kingdom
Salary: Highly competitive base + benefits
Posted: 04 Aug 2021