Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a world-renowned international auction house in their search for a Country Head for their Post-War and Contemporary Art business. This is a senior leadership role for their team in New York
Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading international auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to the auction house of choice for Fine Art and Jewellery.
This senior leadership role is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in the Post-War and Contemporary Art specialism to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Manage develop and grow the Post-War and Contemporary Art department across the US, including department strategy, budgets, developing long-term plans and staff management.
- Provide Leadership and mentoring to the team, ensuring each team member is motivated and performing to the best of their abilities, and sharing your expertise and knowledge to encourage the professional development and growth of more junior team members.
- Identify and secure consignments to auction and private sale from dealers, private collectors, museums and other institutions.
- Participate in auctions and selling exhibitions globally, and actively locate buyers for consigned lots.
- Participate in networking events, client facing projects and buyer focussed events that will boost the profile and sales of the department.
- Develop excellent relationships with clients and ensure the department provides exemplary service in line with contractual obligations.
- Solid experience in post-war and contemporary art
- Significant auction industry experience, preferably at a leading auction house
- Established active network of collectors and dealers in the post-war & contemporary art field.
- Ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
- Happy to travel internationally as required.
“What’s on offer”
Along with a highly competitive salary package, you will join a highly collaborative team of proactive specialists in a creative and exciting environment. There is fantastic scope for this opportunity, you will have the ability to work in an innovative company where you will have a “voice” and the freedom to fully develop your career.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 13 Oct 2021