Are you a talented Speech and Language Therapist looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
If so, Alchemy has the perfect role for you!
The Speech and Language Therapist is responsible for providing treatment and support to adults with neurological conditions, who may present with difficulties on swallowing, communication and have tracheostomy care needs.
This is a part time role working 22.5 hours per week.
The Key Responsibilities are:
- Carry out Speech and Language assessments of residents with a variety of complex neurological and clinical conditions
- Offer advice, support and training to all staff regarding communication difficulties and swallowing disorders, including specific training to individual residents
- Deliver a high quality person-centred approach to care delivery, which always considers the resident’s safety, privacy and dignity
- Communicate with relevant team members as well as external bodies for a safe, timely, and smooth transitional approach to discharge preparation
- Responsible for infection prevention and control both for your own protection and of your colleagues, and the protection of the patients
- Reporting and documentation of a resident is filled out thoroughly and accurately and updated immediately
- To provide clinical supervision and mentor junior members of the team
- HCPC Registration
- Competent in Dysphagia and Communication Disorders
- Needs to be or have band 7 experience, must be HCPC registered.
- Must be dysphagia and tracheostomy trained.
- Has an interest or previous experience in neurological care/stroke rehab.
- Excellent Organisation Skills
- Team Player
- IT Literate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Share this vacancy
Location: Essex, United Kingdom
Posted: 17 May 2021