Are you a talented Data Engineer looking for a new and exciting opportunity?
Want to join a growing team of digital expert? If so, Alchemy has the perfect role for you!
A fantastic position is now available for a Data Engineer to join our client a rapidly expanding global organisation.
You’ll be responsible for expanding and optimizing data, flow and data pipeline architecture, as well as creating dashboards and draw insights using BI tools.
This position will create a centralised database, connecting data and technologies whilst improving data systems and building them from the ground up!
Who will this role suit?
- An experienced Data Engineer / Scientist with drive an ambition
- An individual who thrives within a ‘start-up’ type business function
- Someone with a creative, energetic ‘can-do’ attitude who thrives on solving problems
- A skilled data pipeline builder and data wrangler with experience optimising systems
- A Data Engineer with experience using emerging technologies such as DataFabric and GraphicDB
What are the key duties?
- Produce and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, nonSQL and big data technologies
- Build analytics tools and dashboards that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Generate data tools and deliver actionable insights for other teams’ members that assist them in building and optimizing the service offerings
What skills are required?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working within a similar role as a Data Engineer / Scientist
- Advanced knowledge of relational SQL and nonSQL databases such as MongoDB and Firebase
- Knowledge and experience of Data Fabric and/or GraphDB is highly desirable
- Previous experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- A self-starter, independent worker and team player
- Advanced analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Strong dashboard and reporting skills using BI systems and GA analytics
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and organisation skills
An agile working structure is available.
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 17 May 2021