Alchemy is pleased to be partnering with a world-renowned international auction house in their search for an Chinese Works of Art Specialist to join their team in Hong Kong.
Our client combines years of exemplary service and a sterling reputation as a leading auction house with state-of-the-art facilities and forward-thinking digital innovation. They are continuing to invest heavily in both their technology and their people as part of their commitment to be auction house of choice for Fine Art and Jewellery.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an expert in the Chinese Art specialism to join one of the world’s best-known and well-respected auction houses.
- Responsible for full spectrum of Chinese Art business, including business getting & Client relations, department strategy, working to budgets, developing long-term plans.
- Identify and secure consignments to auction and private sale from dealers, private collectors, museums and other institutions.
- Participate in auctions and selling exhibitions globally, and actively locate buyers for consigned lots.
- Participate in networking events, client facing projects and buyer focussed events that will boost the profile and sales of the Chinese Art department.
- Develop excellent relationships with clients and ensure the department provides exemplary service in line with contractual obligations.
- Maintain and support the development of the client database for the department.
- Solid experience in Chinese Art.
- Proven success with “business Getting” and client relationship building & development.
- Significant auction industry experience, preferably at a leading auction house.
- Established active network of collectors and dealers in the Chinese art field.
- Excellent communicator and highly professional approach to working with clients.
- Tech-savvy and able to stay up to date with digital advancements.
- Happy to travel internationally as required..
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 24 May 2021