We are partnering with a well renowned shipping company who are currently seeking a Trade Planner to join their team based in Tokyo, JP.
The main responsibilities for this role are to calculate the available space on board assigned vessels and for creating efficient and safe cargo stowage plans for the assigned vessels to maximize cargo intake.
- Analyse and calculate the available space on board vessels
- Plan stowage to maximise intake, and distribute stowage/discharge plans
- Support the vessel to ensure an efficient sequential load and discharge operation.
- Advice required equipment to safely handle cargo
- Reject cargo for loading if not according to HA standards
- Shift cargo to shore or onboard if to HA benefit
- Responsible for distribution of the preload and discharge plan to all relevant parties, including the vessel.
- Report potential short shipment and actual short shipment as soon as possible.
- Provide technical support to HA commercial side
- Support the vessel to ensure implementation of HA standards during cargo
- operations, which includes but does not limit to securing of HH and Static onboard.
- Report vessel and call performance
- Report port call performance
- Act as a link between Terminal/Stevedores/Tally and the vessel
- Prior experience as a Cargo Superintendent/Port Captain would be beneficial
- Experience calculation space on vessels
- First-hand experience from dealing with RORO shipments would be advantageous
- Good level of English language skills (verbal & written)
- A qualification in Maritime or related degree would be beneficial
Share this vacancy
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posted: 07 Jun 2021