We are partnering with a global aerospace organisation who are currently seeking a Global Trade Compliance Manager based in Middlesex.
This role is incredibly important to the organisation and will be responsible for ensuring all Customs and Export Regulations for the UK, EU and US and upheld to the highest standard across the company.
- Review and analyse current policies and procedures, to identify issues/risks in our current UK, and foreign, import, export, and customs legal control processes.
- Liaise with business stakeholders and technical experts, specify improvements to our existing ERP system to provide an automated, systematic trade control solution.
- Prepare system requirements and manage the project to implement the improvements that have been agreed with the stakeholders and project manage the resultant Programme.
- Implement a systematic trade control solution that integrates with the ERP system SAP.
- Monitor, disseminate, and update policies/procedures, to address any new and changing trade compliance laws and regulations.
- Ensure consistency, accuracy, and completeness of trade compliance master data, such as export classifications, trade tariffs, licences.
- Manage UK and foreign customs and trade compliance related matters as part of projects or day-to-day activities.
- Continuously assess potential compliance risks and opportunities.
- Prepare training materials and educate staff.
- Provide expert advice to stakeholders on material classifications, trade tariff classifications and license requirements for imports.
- Ensure processes are in place to demonstrate compliance with all suppliers and customers contractual export/re-export requirements.
- Provide commercially focused advice on all aspects of customs/import taxes relating to the group’s international supply chain to support the Sourcing Teams.
- Proactively identify opportunities to reduce customs/import tax costs, mitigate risks and improve cash flow and cash management strategies.
- Providing background documentation for preparation of IPR claims (bills of discharge).
- Oversight and support for Known Consignor and AEO authorization, including audits.
- Communicate and maintain oversight with Customs Brokers and other agents.
- Setting import/export instruction restrictions to customs agents and monitor compliance with customs and foreign trade regulations.
- Identify opportunities to streamline, harmonize and support roll-out of compliance best practices.
- Accountable for maintenance of import/export/customs Company and Department procedures.
- Lead and support projects to implement cross-functional processes and controls.
- Functional lead on IT implementation projects regarding Export Control and Trade Compliance.
- Support the Head of Compliance in developing and delivering awareness and training on bespoke Trade Compliance topics as needed to internal employees and external business partners.
- Increase knowledge and awareness for the region on global customs/import taxes including providing technical guidance and training.
- Over 8 years’ experience dealing with Customs Compliance and Export Control.
- Knowledge of Import procedures, Custom Tariffs and Inward Processing.
- Prior experience dealing with ITAR and EAR regulations.
- Knowledge of the International Aerospace & Defence markets.
- Prior experience with - SAP / ERP systems is desirable.
Share this vacancy
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posted: 22 Jul 2021