Deputy Ward Manager
Alchemy is currently searching for a Deputy Ward Manager to join a rehabilitation care facility based near Basingstoke.
The Deputy Ward Manager will be accountable for providing a safe environment for patients and visitors.
The rehabilitation centre cares for males and females with learning disabilities.
- Works in line with policies and statutory requirements within the ward and hospital framework of governance
- Carry out risk assessments throughout the centre
- Supervises team members and contributes to their overall CPD, mandatory training and appraisal process recognising the skills required across the team
- Acts as a role model to promote a culture of learning development, inquiry and a team vision.
- Executes, monitors and assesses therapeutic interventions within an overall care programme, assisting people with mental health and or learning disability needs to develop coping strategies
- Actively supports and contributes to effective Multi-Disciplinary Working
- Is named nurse for a small group of patients and is a regular shift leader.
- Provides Clinical Supervision to a group of specified nursing staff
- Deputises for the Ward manager when necessary
- Have a history of working as a Senior Registered Nurse/RMN
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous Experience working with Mental Health Services desirable
- Committed to delivering the highest quality of care
- Excellent Communication skills
- Calm and confident when dealing with patient needs
Benefits include a sign on bonus (where eligible) and a great company pension scheme. Relocation support may be provided if required by the successful candidate.
Share this vacancy
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 29 Jul 2021