A fast-growing customs consultancy is looking for a Customs Manager to join their organisation in their Southampton office.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 3-5 coordinators ensuring all customs declarations for the companies’ ever-growing portfolio of clients are held to the highest standard.
- An excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for international Exports, Imports and Transit movements.
- To ensure all aspects of customs clearances are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays to international Cargo for both Exports & Imports.
- Plan, manage and control the departments day to day running and activities.
- Inspire, develop a dynamic Customs team and support them where needed.
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of International services and products.
- Provide recommendations and implement Customs processes and simplifications.
- Carryout regular internal audit and check to ensure entries are completed correctly by entry clerks.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC on Customs matters and enquiries.
- Overall checks on processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.).
- Liaising with customers to resolve any queries and advising on operational customs matters regularly.
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Extensive knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- At least 5 years of experience in a managing a team within customs operations.
- Excellent knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents.
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment.
Share this vacancy
Location: Southampton, United Kingdom
Posted: 07 Sep 2021