We are partnering with a large freight forwarder who due to growth is seeking an Export Agent to join their team in Luton.
This position will be responsible for managing key clients within the business and handling all their shipments needs and ensuring they are kept updated with the process.
- Develop relationship with allocated customers from your line manager.
- Accepts all orders (from customer or overseas office) and processes such.
- Creates and confirms transport order to ensure pickup of the shipment at origin.
- Performs booking and booking optimization according to internal guidelines as defined by product.
- Process all booking to carriers and issues HAWB instructions.
- Runs all checks on HAWB prior to acceptance/print of HAWB.
- Completes all Export/Import HMRC Requirements.
- Fully ensures compliance with varying countries security needs, AMS/ACI etc.
- Prepares, controls and distributes all required Import/Export documents to counterparts (carriers, consignee, supplier) complying with regulations and internal procedures.
- Checks responses from counterparts and finalizes validation of required documents.
- Proactively informs customer on shipment status, exceptions and provides intermediate updates on incident solution.
- Provides spot quotations and closes contract.
- Performs up and cross-selling (inbound calls) for existing customers and passes on leads to Sales.
- Takes and handles customer inquiries, e.g. Track and Trace.
- Takes customer requests with regard to Go Green topics and informs Country Go Green Head.
- Reviews reports (generated by the Performance Reporting & Exception Specialist) and sends them to the customer.
- Takes and registers all customer complaints and drives solution of customer complaints by solving it directly or assigning tasks to other function.
- Experience working within international freight forwarding/logistics
- Excellent customer service skills and proven track record of managing clients.
- Knowledge of shipping documentation
- Computer literate using a variety of programs including Word, Excel and in-house systems.
Share this vacancy
Location: Luton, United Kingdom
Posted: 02 Aug 2021