Our client an international moving services provider is looking to hire an experienced European Moving, Logistics Dispatcher to join their team.
This positions offer the opportunity to work remote from home in UK or Europe.
The dispatcher will be responsible for general Logistical duties covering both Germany and Switzerland.
Tasks include but are not limited to; Moving Crew Management, Organisation, Logistics Crew Diary Coordination, Warehousing and Quality Control of logistical resources.
Previous experience working in the international household goods moving sector is essential!
Fluency in English is essential – Fluency in German or French would be preferred.
- Maintain knowledge of the whereabouts of storage containers and record their movements
- Coordinate warehouse staff and Subcontractors and enforce safety regulations and company policies
- Ensure accuracy of documentation, including; Shipments, Deliveries, Collections and Audits
- Maintain a sufficient volume of stock by taking regular stock checks
- Liaise with accounts regarding monthly billing and costings
- Adhere to ISO Requirements
- Order crates and organise their delivery on a domestic and business level
- Utilise the companies online systems to log deliveries and shipments to the warehouse
- Maintain vehicle maintenance such as Tax and MOT’s, ensuring that all vehicles are compliant and road worthy. Also ensuring that any defects are reported and rectified in a timely manner
- Take photographic evidence of containers received if required
- Take phone calls from other departments and assist where possible
- Assist the Dispatcher Manager with scheduling, trouble shooting and daily planning
- Prepare and check work orders
- Assist with administration and records of the maintenance of the facility
- Ensure contractors dispose of waste within ISO guidelines
- Schedule quality checks on packing standards with contractors
- Maintain records of contracted drivers
- Previous experience withing in the international household goods moving sector is essential
- Team player, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work successfully remotely
- Proactive thinker and problem solver
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Able to work in a challenging environment
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, with a flexible approach to working hours if needed
- Fluency in English is essential – Fluency in German or French would be preferred
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 29 Jul 2021