We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Transport Manager to join a well-established, international logistics business based in Kent.
The Transport Manager will be responsible for supervising the driving, warehouse and yard staff ensuring that company procedures are followed.
Transport Manager Duties:
- Oversee and manage the recruitment and induction of new Class 1 Drivers
- Communicating with the appropriate suppliers and ensuring that all the necessary equipment and consumables are issued to the drivers
- Coordinating the maintenance of the fleet
- Managing the warehouse staff and overseeing the transhipment of freight consignments.
- Managing the short and long term storage clients and ensuring that all customer requirements are fulfilled
- To report and help resolve any freight and vehicle insurance claims.
- Previous experience working in UK or European Transport Management
- Hold a UK or International CPC.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident with a ‘can do’ attitude
- A professional positive and helpful attitude.
- IT literate
- Ambitious with a desire to succeed.
- Strong organisational skills with excellent attention to detail
Share this vacancy
Location: Hertfordshire, Kent, United Kingdom
Posted: 01 Jul 2021