Our client, an internationally recognised Fine Art Auction House is looking for a Specialist of Arms, Armor & Militaria to join their team in Chicago.
The specialist will be responsible for growing the Arms, Armor and Militaria department, specifically historic firearms and edged weapons and will have knowledge of Historic firearms, early militaria, ethnographic weaponry and Japanese arms and armor.
This position also offers the experience to travel.
Specialist of Arms, Armor & Militaria Key Duties:
- Generate new consignments by developing relationships on a national scale
- Develop new opportunities with top dealers, institutions and private collectors
- Travel to other offices to support Business Development efforts
- Evaluate and consign property for upcoming sales
- Collaborate with other departments to develop strategies for new consignors
- Ensure a seamless client service by collaborating with other departments
- Evaluate property for the department for Auction, this includes cataloguing consigned property and researching authenticity
- Act as a point of contact for client inquiries regarding appraisal services, consignments and auctions.
- Determine sale potential on property
- Assign auction estimates and evaluate property for IRS (Estate tax, Gift tax) and insurance appraisals
- Work closely with other specialists within the business to develop and develop the Auction
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the Arms, Armor and Militaria industry
- Expertise and hands on experience with firearms, edged weaponry, and armor
- Knowledge of current market pricing for firearms, edged weaponry, and armor
- Experience within an Auction house
- Proven ability to create new business
- Strong sense of professionalism
Share this vacancy
Location: Chicago, United States
Posted: 01 Jul 2021