A leading moving and storage business who specialise in local to international relocations are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join their team, based in Hemel Hempstead.
The Operations Manager will oversee and manage the operation services of the buisness. They will be responsible for packing and delivery team, company vehicles and the warehouse.
The ideal Operations Manager will have a strong background in operational delivery of removal and storage services internationally.
Key Duties of the Operations Manager:
- Responsible for the recruitment of porters, van drivers, HGV drivers and foremen
- Ensure all staff are up to date with training by organising and providing training
- Liaise with 3rd party sub-contractors to ensure staffing levels are adequate to cover work
- Manage staff performance ensuring that the customer is satisfied with the services provided
- Update the storage management system ensuring location records remain accurate, organising the location and movement of containers
- Organise any maintenance required on company vehicles and equipment ensuring all meet legislation
- Monitor and manage staff absences
- Responsible for all Health and Safety within the business
- Planning trips to Europe for the vehicles
- Preparing vehicle paperwork for European trips - T-forms, security declarations, etc.
- Must have experience working in then international moving industry
- Can clearly communicate instruction to a team, while remaining a team player. Previous management experience preferred
- Has an understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and is confident using a computer
- Excellent organisation skills
- Forklift license holder - desirable
- Transport Manager CPC holder – desirable
Share this vacancy
Location: Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Posted: 12 Jul 2021