Our client a leading fine art auction house, is seeking Property Associates in a number of their US offices including Atlanta GA.
The primary function of the Property Associate is to ensure all inventory is accounted for and that storage areas meet the high standards of the auction house. The role will involve categorizing and marking lots appropriately prior to sale, overseeing preview set-ups & breakdowns, interacting with clients, and assisting with development of the production schedule and photography.
- Receive and handle all incoming property from consignors (includes fine furniture, fine art and other valuable objects)
- Provide quality check of all property received and complete necessary damage reports
- Log and tag all incoming property and maintain inventory of all property located in the building by entering information into the company's database
- Unpack/pack, handle and store property.
- Shipment preparations and packaging of outgoing property.
- Troubleshoot, track and trace missing property, communicate proactively with relevant department and property personnel
- Oversee the set up and breakdown of exhibitions for upcoming auction previews, by hanging art or moving furniture and display cases, and with the set-up, breakdown and clean-up associated with company functions.
- Maintain and improve dock and warehouse efficiency by keeping the areas clean and organized
- Assisting with photo shoots.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- 2-4 years of experience packing and handling all types of property, from small objects to flat works to furniture, ideally in the art world.
- Experience in gallery installations and in hanging various types of properties.
- Photography and photo editing experience, a plus.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office: Outlook, MS Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and time management capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to pack/unpack, lift, box and crate/un-crate property weighing up to 40 pounds
- Use of dock equipment and tools (pallet jacks, crowbars, material- handling.
Share this vacancy
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Posted: 08 Jul 2021