A fast-growing customs consultancy is looking for a Customs Coordinator to join their organisation in their Tilbury office.
You will be responsible for processing high volumes of customs declarations for the companies’ ever-growing portfolio of clients.
- Processing customs declarations in accordance with the respective legislation and regulations.
- Preparing all customs declarations for (cross-border) transport in accordance with statutory regulations and collecting additional customs technical and fiscal information where necessary.
- Drawing up dossier instructions for the handling of import/export transactions and related documents and cooperating with other operational departments for this purpose.
- Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the manager.
- Presenting customs documents to HMRC and other regulatory departments for inspection.
- Where necessary and with the appropriate approval submitting notices of objection, BTI (Binding Tariff Information) applications and discharges, and performing any other correspondence with HMRC and other regulatory authorities that may arise.
- Processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.).
- Corresponding with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Liaising with customers by responding to customer queries and advising on operational customs matters
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Experience of using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- At least 2 years of experience dealing with customs documentation.
- Able to work to deadlines and deal with high volumes of data.
Share this vacancy
Location: Tilbury, United Kingdom
Posted: 14 Jul 2021