Our client a leading fine art auction house, is seeking a Property Associate to join their team in Palm Beach, Florida.
The primary function of the Property Associate is to ensure all property is handled with due care and attention, will also maintaining the administration side to the process.
The role will involve categorizing and marking lots appropriately prior to sale, overseeing preview set-ups & breakdowns, interacting with clients, and assisting with collection of property from consignors.
- Receive and handle all incoming property from consignors (includes fine furniture, fine art and other valuable objects).
- Provide quality check of all property received and complete necessary damage reports.
- Log and tag all incoming property and maintain inventory of all property located in the building by entering information into the company's database.
- Unpack/pack, handle and store property.
- Shipment preparations and packaging of outgoing property.
- Troubleshoot, track and trace missing property, communicate proactively with relevant department and property personnel.
- Drive the company vehicles for customer collections, this may involve out of state driving and overnight stays.
- Maintain contact with buyers regarding purchase property and assist where possible.
- Assisting with photo shoots, exhibition set up and installation.
Preferred Education and Skills:
- 3-5 years of experience packing and handling all types of property, from small objects to flat works to furniture, ideally in the art world.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, college degree is beneficial.
- Experience and knowledge of packing, loading, handling and securing art, antiques, sculptures and furniture.
- Familiarity with inventory database systems and paperwork.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office: Outlook, MS Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and time management capabilities.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
Share this vacancy
Location: West Palm Beach, United States
Posted: 21 Jul 2021