Our client, one of the leading moving and relocation companies in the tri-state area, is seeking a Long Distance Operations Manager to join their team.
The successful candidate will facilitate the companies continued growth by overseeing the planning of interstate operational activities to fully utilize fleet capacity for optimum efficiency and profitability.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for the staff and operations of the Long-Distance Dispatch Department.
- Serve as the direct report for multiple other departments within the company
- Delegate operational tasks to staff
- Monitor general day to day operations and organize any maintenance or equipment required to ensure all legislations are being met.
- Manage and track staff performance to show effectiveness of the company’s operations.
- Sustain high standards throughout the moving process to minimize damages and/or complaints.
- Administer quality control measures to guarantee all shipments are being stored correctly
- Respond to customer complaints regarding deliveries and other related issues.
- Liable for Long Distance Operations KPI’s.
- Look over all upcoming moves and assign teams to each move
- Monitor and manager staff absences
- Previous experience in the household goods and moving industry.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in management for dispatch and storage.
- Minimum of five years’ managerial experience in transportation industry.
- Strong knowledge of time and distance obligations concerning the Department of Transportation Hours of Service regulations.
- Knowledgeable in DOT State and Federal regulations for DOT sensitive commercial vehicles.
- Has an understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and is confident using a computer.
- Highly effective multi-tasking, decision making, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently solve any problems and be a strong leader ensuring all staff stays motivated and up to date with training.Can work independently and under pressure.
- Flexible work schedule required.
Share this vacancy
Location: Bronx, New York, United States
Posted: 21 Jul 2021