Our client, one of the leading moving and relocation companies in the tri-state area, are looking for an experienced Logistics Planner to join their Long-Distance Department. The successful candidate will coordinate all aspects of the companies shipping operations and transport needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assign jobs catered to each individual teams’ strengths.
- Arrange shipments with the appropriate transport and driver and ensure customer needs are met with minimal delays.
- Ensure company capacity need are met by communicating with staff to be aware of their availability.
- Work closely with the transportation department to allow for regular maintenance of vehicles.
- Provide analytical reports of available positions.
- Experience in Logistics Planning in the transportation and moving industry.
- Knowledge of DOT State and Federal regulations for DOT sensitive commercial vehicles.
- Knowledge of time and distance obligations obtaining to Department of Transportation Hours of Service regulations.
- Possess strong communication, statistical and analytical skills.
- Has an understanding of Microsoft Office 365.
- Ability to organize, problem solve and make decisions effectively and efficiently
- Ability to understand data and connections.
- Works well under pressure and independently.
Share this vacancy
Location: Bronx, New York, United States
Posted: 21 Jul 2021