Alchemy are currently representing a prestigious Auction Gallery in Virginia who are looking to onboard an Auction Specialist. This is a senior position with an attractive salary package that would best suit a professional that has an existing client base of fine art collectors and dealers.
My client is looking for an individual who has a great knowledge of the current market who is a clear and confident communicator.
The main responsibilities include:
- Carrying out valuations, appraisals and proposals.
- Identify and secure consignments to auction and private sale from dealers, private collectors, museums and other institutions.
- Assist with cataloging.
- Travel outside of the DC-Maryland-Virginia area between 2-5 times a year, to meet with existing and prospective clients.
- Continually seeking new clients and regularly reaching out to existing ones.
- Keep in contact with similar industry specialists to encourage continued business.
Skills required for this role include:
- Experience working in an Auction House is required for this role.
- Knowledge of auction platforms (AuctionFlex, Live Auctioneers) is desirable.
- Valuation skills with strong market and trend awareness.
- Able to work both as part of a team and independently.
- Comfortable working to deadlines and under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting opportunity please reach out to Alchemy today for a confidential discussion!
Share this vacancy
Location: Ashburn, Virginia, United States
Posted: 06 Sep 2021