We are partnering with an Aerospace & Defence organisation who is currently seeking a Trade Compliance Officer to join their team based in Bath.
The individual will be responsible for all aspects of the import and export control process including the compilation of all documentation associated with the import and export of components, finished goods and customer returned equipment.
- Manage and control all aspects of the process associated with the import of materials and components for use at the company and its customers.
- Issue End User Undertakings to overseas suppliers when required.
- Manage and be responsible for all documentation required to support inward processing relief (IPR) submissions, duty deferment and end user relief procedures.
- Maintain import records and make timely IPR returns to HMRC. Act as point of contact for HMRC audits and be responsible for providing all documentation required to support audit requests.
- Review current working procedures and practices and where appropriate propose and subsequently implement changes to stream-line the export process using new technology if appropriate.
- Control of all aspects of Export Licensing, and Certificates of Origin.
- Act as the registered user for “SPIRE” on line export licensing system. To collate necessary information packs for submission in support of licensing applications including procurement of end user undertakings from overseas customers.
- Organize all activities associated with the dispatch of goods to be exported.
- Liaise with production and the Stores Controller to ensure availability of all necessary export dispatch documentation, and co-ordinate the collection of export items by the designated freight forwarders.
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and obtain proof of export records.
- Act as the point of contact for periodic audits by UK Export Control Organization and provide all required evidence for the audit.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC and Export Control.
- Organization requirements associated with the Export of Military Goods and the transfer of technology from the U.K. to other countries.
- Ensuring all components to be exported are assigned a correct HS Tariff code and have a country of origin for HMRC purposes.
- Attend relevant ITAR/EAR training and keep up to date with the US Export Control Reform process and it’s impact on working practices at the company.
- Implement relevant changes to ITAR Technology Control Plans and International Trade Compliance Procedure.
- Assist the Engineering team in identifying ITAR/EAR controlled technical data and hardware.
- Over 5 years’ experience working within a Trade Compliance role (Import & Export).
- Experience dealing with ITAR and EAR regulations.
- Prior experience achieving AEO accreditation within an organisation would be beneficial.
- Accreditation in Trade Compliance or Customs would be advantageous.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and stay organised.
Share this vacancy
Location: Bath, United Kingdom
Posted: 07 Sep 2021