We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Specialist with a established and fast growing Freight Forwarder based in Amsterdam.
The positions focus is dealing with Imports and Exports within the Dutch market as well as assist with clients in other EU countries.
- Assist and advise on regulatory interpretation with Import/Export Documentation, Classification, Customs Clearance, Export Licensing, Technical Data, Denied Party Lists, Broker Management, Incoterms, Hazardous Materials, etc.
- Develop and Implement Dutch customs processes across the EU region for the organisation.
- Input Import, Export and NCTS declarations through the different customs portals.
- Assist with onboarding all new clients and deal with any enquiries they may have.
- Act as a main point of coordination between import customers (internal and external) and various EU Customs Divisions.
- Organise the release of goods from the carrier, Customs or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Individually draft appeals and requests for refunds with the Tax Authorities.
- Provide all clients the statuses of their shipments in an appropriate manner using your judgment and knowledge.
- Over 3 years’ experience in a Customs Brokerage position dealing with the Dutch market
- Ability to deal with declarations for import for free circulation, export, transit and other special procedures such as IPR
- Diplomas in Logistics, Shipping or Supply Chain are an advantage
- Knowledge of EU Customs law, local German legislation, procedures and additional certificates
- Previous experience with ATLAS, AGS & CHIEF is an advantage
- Fluency in English is essential and any other European language is advantageous
Share this vacancy
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posted: 10 Aug 2021