We have an exciting opportunity for a Customs Specialist with a established and fast growing Freight Forwarder based in London
The positions focus is dealing with Imports and Exports within the UK market as well as assist with clients in other EU countries.
- Assist and advise on regulatory interpretation with Import/Export Documentation, Classification, Customs Clearance, Export Licensing, Technical Data, Denied Party Lists, Broker Management, Incoterms, Hazardous Materials, etc.
- Develop and Implement UK customs processes across the EU region for the organisation.
- Input Import, Export and NCTS declarations through the different customs portals.
- Assist with onboarding all new clients and deal with any enquiries they may have.
- Act as a main point of coordination between import customers (internal and external) and various EU Customs Divisions.
- Organise the release of goods from the carrier, Customs or other governmental agency examinations that may be required.
- Individually draft appeals and requests for refunds with the Tax Authorities.
- Provide all clients the statuses of their shipments in an appropriate manner using your judgment and knowledge.
- Over 3 years’ experience in a Customs Brokerage position dealing with the UK market
- Ability to deal with declarations for import for free circulation, export, transit and other special procedures such as IPR
- Diplomas in Logistics, Shipping or Supply Chain are an advantage
- Knowledge of EU Customs law, local UK legislation, procedures and additional certificates
- Previous experience with CHIEF is an advantage
- Fluency in English and any other European Language would be advantageous
Share this vacancy
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posted: 10 Aug 2021