Our client, a large Moving & Relocation company based in the New York City area is looking for an experienced Long Distance Logistics Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be detailed oriented and reliable, with the ability to work in a fast-paced growing environment.
The role will focus on delivering household goods across North America. The company excels in providing the most quality customer service and meeting all our customers shipping needs while ensuring reasonable cost and reliable deliveries.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Allocate drivers to each shipment whilst ensuring deliveries are on time.
- Manage and oversee the entire moving process of the deliveries
- Dispatching drivers to cater to customer’s needs and other activities.
- Communicate daily with everyone involved in the moving process.
- Assess driver efficiency while in compliance with legislations.
- Work alongside management to detect cost effective techniques to recover potential missed deliveries.
- Prepare invoices for each job.
- Review employees’ trips for payroll purposes.
- Ensure Company Standards are upheld by driver delivery performances.
- Previous experience in the moving and relocation industry.
- Knowledge of DOT State and Federal regulations for DOT sensitive commercial vehicles.
- Knowledge of DOT/FMSCA regulations for Driver Hours of Service.
- Quick learner, multi-tasker, organized, detail-oriented, problem solver.
- Experience in basic planning and dispatching.
- Understanding of locations and distances between major cities in the US.
- Highly effective analytical, decision-making, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Able to work long hours in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with computer software independently.
Share this vacancy
Location: Bronx, United States
Posted: 01 Sep 2021