Regional Vice President (Non-Profit Global Charity)
Alchemy is partnering with a global NGO in their search for a Regional Vice President of Latin America & the Caribbean.
The Regional Vice President will be accountable for the maintenance, growth, and improvement of programs, operations, marketing, and communications.
This is an exciting opportunity for an inspirational leader to implement effective and efficient business strategies in line with regional needs to achieve goals and objectives.
You’ll inspire and manage key staff across the region to ensure they are motivated and supported to achieve optimum performance.
The ideal professional will have a passion for people leadership and will have previous experience working within a similar not-for-profit role global organization.
Key duties of the Regional Vice President (NGO):
- Act as the Regional executive lead for LATAM and the Caribbean, reporting directly to the Global Vice President
- Spearhead and manage pilot programs or other special, strategic projects or partnerships for the region
- Inspire a culture of innovation, built on trust, accountability, and integrity
- Managing 4 senior-level direct reports with a dotted line of 6 indirect reports across the region
- Promote and encourage an environment of collaboration and motivate managers to feel confident in decision making
- Help grow the organization by developing business strategies and working closely with the wider teams promoting thought leadership
- Support the development of the brand, raising awareness by organizing host visits, maintaining effective communications with external partners, and gathering marketing material
- Advise regional teams on measurable targets, specific checkpoints, and clear financial commitments as part of the budget planning and implementation process in line with organizational goals
- Receive, review, and analyze all grant requests or vendor quotes from local stakeholders, as needed
- Regularly visit partners and programs in the region, serving as the point of contact to increase visibility, show appreciation, and better understand needs and realities
- Proactively respond and work with global teams to keep communication channels open, and projects integrated at all times
- Foster relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in English and Spanish is essential, fluency in Portuguese would be advantageous
- 10+ years of related work experience, including project management at a global corporation
- Master’s Degree in a relevant business, non-profit, health, or international related field
- Conscientious coupled with a strong decision-making ability
- Self-motivated with the capacity to lead, coordinate, and facilitate projects and teams
- A natural leader with excellent people skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and the capability to successfully handle issues with diplomacy, tact, and cultural sensitivity
- Ability to demonstrate strategic and solution / goal-oriented thinking
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Previous experience in HR, operations, or financial reporting would be advantageous
- The ability to travel regularly both internationally and domestically is imperative to this role
- Passion for working within the charity, NGO, non-profit sector
Share this vacancy
Location: United States
Posted: 08 Sep 2021