Our client, a UK based Art organisation are seeking to hire a Registrar, to work remotely out of New York.
The main responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the shipping of fine art to and regularly liaise with the Operations team to adhere to deadlines.
- Monitor the movement of exhibitions and ensure that complete condition checks are done on each artwork according to initial documentation.
- Complete all shipping and customs documentation for the transportation of artworks and ensure all shipments meet exact requirements and in a timely manner.
- Liaise with fine art storage companies to track the transportation of artworks.
- Keep clients up to date with location of artwork, including tracking shipping and storage.
- Travelling when required across the US.
The key skills required include:
- Previous experience working in a similar role within a Gallery, Auction House, Fine Art Logistics company or Museum is essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Import and Export procedures and documentation.
- Knowledge of CITES, permits and tax rates.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with high-net-worth clients.
- Previous experience working across time zones.
Share this vacancy
Location: New York, United States
Posted: 08 Sep 2021