We are currently partnering with a leading industrial manufacturer that is currently seeking a Category Manager to join their Fluids team.
This individual will be responsible for the delivery of the fluids sourcing strategies to ensure our best-in-class performance and excellent delivery service to our customers. Ensuring continuity of supply against these challenging circumstances is essential both short and long term, through expert knowledge of the international market and supply chain and collaboration with the Operational and Business Development stakeholders.
- Lead sourcing projects and improvement programmes to ensure that sourcing solutions are executed to achieve the company’s aspirations in terms of technology, resources, capability, and cost.
- Discover and develop the supply base. Ensure that new sources meet Group selection criteria and that best possible pricing and contractual terms are obtained for local and export requirements.
- Offer leadership in sourcing, purchasing and supplier management best practice.
- Distinguish best practice and minimum standards for all sourcing and key purchasing processes and ensure all sites understand minimum requirements and have the skills to deploy them.
- Explore emerging trends and techniques in sourcing and purchasing practice and drive the adoption of appropriate practices to refine and deliver strategic objectives.
- Determine targets and measures for sourcing projects and improvement programmes, including the demonstration of supplier, product and process capability in the shortest possible timeframes.
- Sourcing strategies
- Understanding at a business level the current and future market trends in the chemical industry (leading to financial impacts +ve/-ve being registered with the Business Planning cycle).
- Sourcing input and delivery of the Fluids Product Roadmap new projects.
- A current and future compliant Supply Base
- A fully risk assessed Supply Base
- Degree qualified or equivalent qualification (Chemical Background preferred) e.g. CIPS/MCIPS
- Considerable experience of working in a strategic sourcing role within a fast-paced environment
- Experience of complex relationships and contract negotiations
- Experience of assessing and developing suppliers’ strengths and weaknesses
- Used to working with multi-functional teams, across different countries and cultures
- Excellent stakeholder management skills at all levels, inside and outside of the organisation
- Strong communication and management skills to be able to drive through strategy and change.
- Data savvy person with IT literacy skills e.g., Power BI
- Operational teams & external suppliers in a multi-site, multi-national environment.
Share this vacancy
Location: Remote, United Kingdom
Salary: £70,000 + Benefits
Posted: 10 Sep 2021