We are currently partnering with an international freight business who looking for an experienced customs agent to join their growing team based in Antwerpen , Munsterbilzen and Brucargo.
The main purpose for this role will be to complete import and export clearance of goods for the company’s clients, ensuring all documentation is compliant with local regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with customers to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork for each shipment is received to enable customs entries and clearance checks to be completed in a timely manner
- Assist with handling dispute files
- Interacting with customs authorities and other Government agencies to address any queries or issues which may arise during customs clearance
- Liaising with customers, ensuring they are kept informed of clearance status of consignments and resolving any customer queries that arise
- Supporting other team members in understanding issues and potential solutions
- Handling enquiries from colleagues & customers relating to Customs Procedures, Tariff Classifications & Regulatory Requirements, Duty Rates and Documentation
- Extensive experience in customs entries
- Knowledge of freight transport regulations and VAT
- Prior experience dealing with controlled goods or goods subject to sanitary controls is desirable
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel
- Smooth knowledge of Dutch and English, both written and spoken. German and French are advantageous.
Share this vacancy
Location: Munsterbilzen, Belgium
Posted: 15 Sep 2021