Would you be interested to work for a World Leading Manufacturer of Aerospace and Safety Equipment?
Do you have a proven Facilities Management background with some exposure to working within a manufacturing or engineering function or equivalent?
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career and expand on your facilities knowledge?
If yes, this could be the opportunity for you!
Located in Middlesex, the key to this role is to coordinate the day-to-day management of small-to-medium projects (capital plant replacement / office refurbishment / internal moves etc.) within the Facilities Team.
Taking projects from inception through to completion – including liaising with internal stakeholders, generation of project specifications and contract documentation, oversight of tender process, monitor and inspect construction work, record progress, carry out handover procedures, and ensure compliance with contract documents, construction regulations and best practice.
The successful Facilities Project Manager will demonstrate the following:
- Well organised, diligent, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined, and commercially astute.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and verbal.
- A track record of working with teams and managing projects by prioritising workloads and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Good practical problem-solving skills.
- A team player with a 'can do' attitude, outgoing, polite, patient, diplomatic, personable, and flexible.
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Support the Head of Facilities Management in successful delivery of FM Estate projects through the coordination, supervision, and delivery of projects from inception through to completion.
- Day-to-day management of multiple projects within a live / operational site.
- Establish and communicate project feasibility, timescale, and budget information.
- Establish design brief / project specifications / scope of works.
- Request, collate and distribute all contractual documentation required.
- Assisting the delivery of projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/ project brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality
- Assist with selection, management, and administration of appropriate forms of building contracts (JCT / NEC etc.).
- Administration and oversight of project tender and contractor selection process.
- Administration and oversight of CDM Regulations, Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
- Liaising with external stakeholders including engineers, consultants, suppliers, and contractors.
- Coordinate meetings with MBA internal stakeholders to fully understand the project brief.
- Maintain and issue weekly progress reports for all projects.
- Report and make recommendations both orally and in writing about any aspect of the works including quality which do not conform to the plans, specifications, or schedules of works and other documentation that might be unsatisfactory for any other reasons of designs, work, or cost.
- Deputise for the Head of Facilities Management as / when required.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Previous experience in a Facilities Management / Construction / Building Services Project Management position.
- Solid understanding of construction technology and M&E building services.
- Solid understanding of Facilities Management practices and techniques.
- Experience of Facilities Project Management within an engineering / manufacturing environment would be advantageous.
Good understanding and working knowledge of the following-:
- Construction forms of Contract.
- Relevant legislation and statutory requirements including CDM Regulations, Asbestos Regulations, Legionella and Planning and Building Regulations and related compliance requirements.
- PC based skills, with experience in Word/Excel/Project and Outlook.
- CAFM Systems.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be a benefit.
- HND/Degree in Facilities and/or Construction Project Management, Building Services, or related subject.
- Working towards (at appropriate level) MRICS / MCIOB / MWIFM or equivalent verifiable work-based experience and training.
Do not miss your chance of interview! Apply Now with a copy of your up-to-date CV!
Share this vacancy
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posted: 15 Sep 2021