A fast-growing freight forwarder is looking for a Customs Coordinator to join their organisation in their Basildon offices.
You will be responsible for processing high volumes of customs declarations for the companies’ ever-growing portfolio of clients.
- Processing customs declarations in accordance with the respective legislation and regulations.
- Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the manager.
- Presenting customs documents to HMRC and other regulatory departments for inspection.
- Update databases, ensuring that everything is completed in time and accurate
- Corresponding with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Liaising with customers by responding to customer queries and advising on operational customs matters
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Experience of using CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (Descartes/E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM Sequioia, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- Previous experience of dealing with customs documentation.
- Road Freight knowledge
- Able to work to deadlines and deal with high volumes of data.
Share this vacancy
Location: Basildon, United Kingdom
Posted: 21 Sep 2021