Operations Manager, Moving Services
A leading moving and relocations company who specialise in local to international relocations are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join their team, based in Rochester, NY.
The Operations Manager will oversee and manage the operational services of the business. They will be responsible for the packing and delivery team, company vehicles and the warehouse.
The ideal Operations Manager will have a strong background in operational delivery of moving and storage services nationally.
Key Duties of the Operations Manager:
- Managing the moving operations department.
- Overseeing moving and relocation bookings for new and existing clients.
- Growing local crews and long distance owner operators
- Currently 7 local drivers
- Communicate between clients and moving crews
- Running the moving bookings diary and job allocation process.
- Assign crews of the correct quantity and quality.
- Calculating job costs for each client.
- Close liaison with the Transport and Warehouse management throughout each job process.
- Occasional staff performance reviews.
- Recruiting of new drivers and crew including owner operator drivers
- Making sure all paperwork and systems are all correct and up to date.
- DOT Transportation laws
- Controlling Staff holidays.
- Experience working in the moving and relocation industry
- Communicate instructions to a team, while remaining a team player.
- Previous management experience preferred
- Has an understanding of Microsoft Office 365 and is confident using IT equipment
- Excellent organisation skills
Share this vacancy
Location: Rochester, New York, United States
Posted: 23 Sep 2021