Our client, a prestigious Art and Antiquities Auction House is looking for an Art Handler to join their team in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
The successful candidate will be willing to go the extra mile in assisting the smooth running of the Auction House and enjoy a dynamic and exciting workplace culture.
The Art Handler may be required to undertake night and weekend work, as well as overnight travel to ensure the job gets done.
Art Handler Key Duties:
- Collecting and Packing property from varied locations, including Customer Homes, Storage Facilities, Museums, Galleries etc
- Transferring property to other business galleries
- Provide excellent customer service to clients
- Unloading and loading trucks, both arriving and departing
- Unpacking property
- Assisting with Auction Day duties, such as phone bidding or clerical duties
- Careful and detailed inventory taking
- Maintain the internal database and update as required
- Managing relationships with Clients, Shippers and Third-Party vendors
- Moving property to assist with Photoshoots, Auctions, and Previews
- Assisting in Exhibition and Event setup as required
Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years relevant experience would be advantageous, however training will be provided
- Physical ability to lift a maximum of 80lbs
- Ability to understand and execute written and verbal instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and individually
- Sense of flexibility and understanding
- Attention to detail
Our client is offering a highly competitive salary, plus benefits such as Profit Sharing, 401K, Health & Dental Insurance and Paid Vacation.
Share this vacancy
Location: Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States
Posted: 24 Sep 2021