A fast growing Freight Forwarder is looking for a UK Customs Compliance Manager to join their teams.
The role can be full time remote and travel between Essex and Midlands office will be required.
- Future proofing the companies Customs business
- Ensure you are up to date with current customs legislations
- Oversee all internal training, audits ad post clearance processes
- Processing customs declarations in accordance with the respective legislation and regulations.
- Identifying customs irregularities and reporting them to the manager.
- Presenting customs documents to HMRC and other regulatory departments for inspection.
- Communicate to the Operations teams with any customs changes
- Negotiate as required regarding meeting timescales
- Direct liaison with Customs authorities such as HMRC and other agencies
- Establish an effective relationship with Customs and Operational teams
- Manage your own workload
- Customs compliance experience
- Extensive experience in the customs industry
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Happy to travel between Essex and Midlands offices
Share this vacancy
Location: Remote, United Kingdom
Posted: 01 Oct 2021