An established and fast-growing professional services business is looking for an Assistant Customs Manager to join their organisation.
You will be responsible for managing a team of associates ensuring all customs declarations for the companies’ ever-growing portfolio of a wide range of clients are held to the highest standard.
- An excellent understanding of HMRC regulations for international Exports, Imports and Transit movements.
- To ensure all aspects of customs clearances are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure all Customs declarations, clearances and processes are completed within a timely manner to avoid delays to international Cargo for both Exports & Imports.
- Support and advise customers on all international import & export requirements.
- Lead and assist with the implementation of new operational processes in-line with the development of international services and products.
- Provide recommendations and implement Customs processes and simplifications.
- Carryout regular internal audit and check to ensure entries are completed correctly by entry clerks.
- Liaise with and maintain an excellent working relationship with HMRC on Customs matters and enquiries.
- Overall checks on processing of monthly (e.g., CFSP/FSD) /quarterly returns (e.g.,IPR, etc.).
- Liaising with customers to resolve any queries and advising on operational customs matters regularly.
- Instructing internal stakeholders on topics related to changes in customs and tax legislation.
- Acting as an internal (and if necessary external) point of contact for customs formalities.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in logistics or freight forwarding
- Minimum 2 years’ knowledge of CHIEF, Destin8, CNS and declaration software (E-Customs, Multifreight, ASM, Data freight, Cargowise or similar systems).
- Excellent knowledge of customs legislation with related procedures and documents.
- Exceptional ability to manage, support staff members, listen to any problems / grievances they may, and to deal with issues in the most effective manner whilst maintaining harmony within the working environment.
This organisation has a flexible approach to their working structure and this role can be remote with office travel when required. They have offices in Manchester, London, Birmingham, Leeds and Bristol.
Share this vacancy
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Posted: 05 Oct 2021