We are partnering with a well renowned shipping company who are currently seeking an IT Back-End Developer to join their team based in Manila.
You will be part of our team in Manila, and you will directly report to the IT Development & Digitalisation Manager.
- Develop APIs using lean Java stack for optimal scalability and reliability
- Server-side coding and debugging with Java and SQL databases
- Participate in a Scrum process and in cooperation with the team, the end result is tested in establishing regression and launched to production - the goal is to ascertain feedback immediately and to continuously improve.
- Scalability and performance optimization
- Unit and integration test automation
- Contribute and adhere to quality control coding standards and best practices
- Third line support and defect correction
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services implementation
- Monitor the build, test and other software quality-oriented status during the CI/CD pipeline
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical Back-end development and deployment experience
- Worked with either Springboot, Dropwizard, micronaut.io
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and writing good maintainable tests
- Experience with Java and PL/SQL Coding
- Track record of successfully establishing standards for coding, building and deployment
- Understand HTTP and other typical web standards
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs RESTful services and message-based systems
- Worked with CI/CD tooling and methods
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Must be willing to work for 15-months fixed-term employment
- Familiarity and experience with some NoSQL technologies
- Worked with J2EE and knowing all the pitfalls
- DevOps interests and experience with Docker
This position will initially be a 15 months fixed term contract.
Share this vacancy
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posted: 07 Oct 2021