A great opportunity is around the corner as our client, a Moving & Storage Company based in NW London is seeking a Transport Manager to join their team.
The Transport Manager will lead a team of HGV Drivers for the collection and delivery of household and commercial goods across the UK.
The Transport Manager will have a strong background in organising UK transport, with a firm understanding of the time required for removals. You will be capable of dealing with the obstacles to prove timely service to your clients, be capable of leading an experienced operations team and be responsible for the management and maintenance of a fleet of vehicles.
- To route plan all deliveries and collections.
- Fleet management, maintenance and associated administration
- Allocate from available resources the most appropriate staff members to crew the vehicles.
- Ensure that all collection and delivery notes provide sufficient information required be road crews to complete the tasks correctly.
- Where collection and delivery notes do not provide sufficient information, the candidate will seek to gain that information by reference to the colleague issuing the
- collection/delivery note or to the customer/dispatching party.
- Liaise and be the point of contact for all UK road crews, response to any queries that arise and seek solutions to any difficulties that may arise.
- Liaise with customers, collection and delivery destinations where required to ensure accuracy, efficiency within the transport operation.
- Provide quotes to customers and colleagues for UK transport operations.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have previous experience with removals, however the client will also consider a candidate from a logistics background
- Hold a Transport Manager’s CPC qualification
- Have a high attention to detail as this is imperative in this type of role
- Be confident, focused, hard-working and proactive and have proven people management skills.
This is an outstanding opportunity to develop your career with this. A competitive salary / benefits package is on offer for the right applicant
Share this vacancy
Location: United Kingdom
Posted: 13 Oct 2021