We are partnering with a leading global retailer who due to growth are seeking a Supply Chain Project Assistant based in their Nuneaton.
This position is responsible for supporting the successful delivery of projects within the supply chain management department.
- Assisting with the full life cycle of complex material handling equipment projects from pre-sales through to post implementation.
- Accountability for completion of end-to-end projects within the role, streamlining processes and operations to maximise efficiencies.
- Manage several logistics projects and tasks; interacting with and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsibility for the processing and tracking of project action points and milestones.
- Use own initiative and suggest ways of improving processes for greater efficiency.
- Ensure communication is treated in the strictest confidence when required.
- Manage the efficient and accurate flow of correspondence and information, both incoming and outgoing, with internal and external parties.
- Ensure a clear understanding of current actions, proposing/taking action where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the department strategy as required.
- Take full share of responsibility of collective tasks which are organised on a rota basis.
- Ensure that a polite and professional manner is maintained in all internal/external communications.
- Contribute positively and constructively to the Future Logistics Network Team.
- Experience working in Logistics/Supply dealing with project and implementation.
- Prior exposure to WMS/WCS systems would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage a varied workload, conflicting deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced standard of MS Tools including Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including ability to use VLOOKUPS, PIVOT Tables and IF Statements).
This role is office based 4 days a week with one day remote and the hours are Monday - Friday 8am – 4:30pm
Share this vacancy
Location: Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Posted: 24 Nov 2021