We are currently partnering with an international freight business who looking for an experienced customs agent to join their growing team based in Heathrow area.
The main purpose for this role will be to complete import and export clearance of goods for the company’s clients, ensuring all documentation is compliant with local regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with customers to obtain mandatory information for import and export entries
- Ensure all appropriate paperwork for each shipment is received to enable customs entries and clearance checks to be completed in a timely manner
- Complete all relevant HMRC declarations and other agency applications for import and exports
- Interacting with customs authorities and other Government agencies to address any queries or issues which may arise during customs clearance
- Coordinate and control dispatch of goods
- Liaising with customers, ensuring they are kept informed of clearance status of consignments and resolving any customer queries that arise
- Over 2 years’ experience dealing with Import and Export & Customs Compliance and regulations
- Experience in road transport, logistics or haulage desirable
- Prior experience dealing with controlled goods or dangerous goods
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Excel
- Experience using Customs systems
This position is working 4 on 4 off on a night shift basis.
Share this vacancy
Location: Heathrow, United Kingdom
Salary: Negotiable + Benefits
Posted: 02 Dec 2021